Prajayatna conducted 75 meetings with the Gram Panchayats and community at various levels in Chitrakoot and Bahraich districts during January-March quarter. 2346 people – including parents, teachers, panchayat members and department representatives – participated in these meetings. Issues like lack / poor condition of physical infrastructure, enrollment and retention of children in schools were raised and discussed in these meetings. During the last quarter, following infrastructure build-up has happened in the schools as a result of our meetings:
- 20 toilets have been repaired and 3 new toilets have been constructed.
- 17 re-boring have been done for tackling the issue of unavailability of drinking water.
- 10 room floor repair work has been done in rooms and verandas of schools.
- 1 new boundary wall has been constructed and 1 has been repaired in two schools.
- Playground maintenance work has been done in 2 schools.
- New play materials have been purchased in 3 schools.
- New ramps have been constructed in 2 schools.
An amount of around Rs. 10,00,000 has been spent on the build-up/repair of these school infrastructure. This figure is just an estimate and is not based on the full-proof information.